2011-06-24 Version 1.0m
- A Java applet is now included as an upload option,
very useful for big uploads as it includes a progress bar and many
files can be uploaded in one step.
2009-06-15 Version 1.0D
- Fixed bug related to the removal of an user from a group.
- Fix to avoid email sending errors in some cases.
- Allow to override default directory for user files & folders (baseDir configuration parameter).
- Add support for multiple uploads (now enabled by default, MultipleUpload configuration parameter)
- Add support for the advanced upload applet add-on (AppletUpload configuration parameter)
- Allow the SMTP port used for sending email notices to be changed (smptPort configuration parameter).
2007-11-23 Version 1.0k
Bug fix: Multiple upload link was broken if directory name had a space.
2006-10-15 Version 1.0C
Added an optional "upload-only" permission level.
2006-06-27 Version 1.0j
- New feature: several files can be downloaded at once as a Zip file.
- Bug fixes:
- Some URLs were not properly encoded
- Logging: user name was logged twice
2006-04-30 Version 1.0h
- Add support for some SUN-based web hosting enviroments.
- Bug fix: permissions in database were not deleted when deliting a folder.
- Improvement: Use admistrator user email for notices, WF_EMAIL constant is deprecated.
2006-01-27 Java bundles
java version has been improved for easier installation with a two
software bundles that contain everything needed to run WebbyFiles : the
Java runtime environment (Windows), a web server and a database server.
This way the Java version can also be used very easily in systems
without an already working Java web application environment.
2006-01-26 Version 1.0f
- added Dutch Language
- added new multiple upload page
- minor improvements and fixes
2005-10-25: Java™ version.
Java porting finished. Now WebbyFiles can be also deployed as a Java servlet.
Works on any Java server that supports JSP and servlets. Tested on Tomcat, JBoss and Resin.
Works with multiple databases. Tested with Oracle, MySQL, SQL server, MaxDB / Sap DB and Firebird.
2005-10-25: German Language
to the standard language set, having now 3 languages included: English,
Spanish and German. Other languages can be easily added by editing the
2005-10-24: Version 1.0e
Added the following optional features:
- Use of hard links for file copying
- User expiration
- External Authentication (phpShop)
- API for user creation from external PHP applications
2005-10-02: Version 1.0d
- Usability improvements: automatic focus on first field, use of enter key to submit forms.
2005-09-28: Version 1.0c
- Notify function: added configuration options to the emails sent: "from" field, send copy to sender, hide recipients list.
New optional features:
- Notify function: concatenate & store emails in conversation threads
automated warning that a file is being edited can be added to the file
notes when it is downloaded. The warning is removed when the file is
2005-09-10 Java port
Starts the porting to the Java language.
2005-08-19 Version 1.0b
- database tables can be prefixed so an already existing non-empty database can be used.
- other minor improvements & fixes
2005-06-30 Version 1.0a
- Add logging with output to a file with CVS format.
- Add "upload replacing" function.
- Controls maximum upload size and show it to the user.
- Support for two types of overall quotas: maximum disk usage and minimum free space to leave on the device.
- Support for armored demo mode.
- Bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Internal improvements in code.
2005-05-03 Version 0.9b
Fixes for better PHP5 support.
2005-05-03 Version 0.9a
- Many bug fixes & debugging.
- New much nicer skin "medal metal".
- Installation script.
2005-02-15 Version 0.8
First version launched